Posts Tagged ‘Optimization’

TrippyRainbowSpiral_featured

Building a versatile engine in Stage3D: Introduction

It’s a little late to show fireworks, but I thought I could share with you this Trippy-Rainbow-Spiral I’ve recently created! It’s built with a fresh new engine (on top of […]

ObjectPooling_in_ParticleSystems_featured

Using Object Pooling in the design of a Particle System

Have you ever wondered how a Particle System can benefit from Object Pooling? If you’re not familiar with what that is, basically it’s a fancy programming term for reusing recyclable […]

starling-logo_clipMask_featured

Starling Image Clipping / UV-Scrolling Features

While working on my first collaborative game project with Plugin.IO, I was finding it frustrating that we are unable to do in Starling some of the clipping and scrolling features […]

uvscrollable_featured

Making Scrollable Tiles with UV Offsets in Stage3D and AGAL

In the last gamejam I participated (Ludumdare #23), I used the sweet and oh-so-sexy Axel Library! It’s by far my favorite Stage3D 2-dimensional library at this point. If you’re a […]

prayer_as4_small

Flash Developer Life: My personal AS4 Language Wishlist

Even if Adobe has already carved in stones what the next iteration of the ActionScript language will contain, I think it’s worth that each of us Flash developers shout out […]

AGAL_p4_featured

AS3 Level-4: Say Hello to XAGAL, the XML AGAL interpreter (part 4)

For the past few days, I have been experimenting with various options of writing AGAL code in ways that would be easier to follow than the raw code itself. I’ll […]

featured_image

Clean Coding: Refactoring a large project, in baby steps

If you have ever worked on a large project (or you are currently), you may have experienced the Janitorial-syndrome, which is “Man, I wish there was a virtual Janitor that […]

Instantiation Optimization

While I was reading the PDF “Introduction to Starling” (downloadable here), I stumbled upon a pixel-level collision detection example. When I noticed the code involved instantiating a new Point for […]

css.php